Glaetzer Wallace takes on the traditional Barossa Valley blend of Shiraz and Grenache in a modern way. The Shiraz brings backbone, flesh and body to the wine with the Grenache adding a soft vibrant juiciness.
The Wallace is medium to deep garnet in colour with a flash of purple on the rim. The aroma is an enticing nose of dark plum, raspberry and lavender with hints of anise and ground spice.
On the palate black fruits prevail with touches of pepper and blackcurrant. Firm, savoury yet rounded tannins balance with brightness and lift. A wine to enjoy in its youth that will reward careful cellaring up to 5 years.
Wallace by Ben Glaetzer – Product Details
- Country – Australia
- Region of origin – Barossa Valley
- Grape Variety – 72% Shiraz, 28% Grenache
- Characteristics – Full-flavoured, juicy and bursting with Barossa character
- Style – Rounded and well-balanced
- Type of closure – Stelvin
- ABV (%) – 14.5%
- Units –
- Vintage 2018
A perfect accompaniment to beef, venison or lamb dishes.